LivLyme Founder, Olivia, Speaks in Washington D.C.
US Tick-Borne Working Group Lauches – Lyme Disease UK
Twelve-year old Olivia Goodreau started the LivLyme Foundation in January 2017 after she was told that she would live with the debilitating symptoms of Lyme disease for the rest of her life — or until a cure is found.
Denver 7 Covers LivLyme Foundation Gala
Seen: LivLyme Foundation Gala
DENVER – Twelve-year-old Olivia Goodreau started the LivLyme Foundation with the goal of doing everything in her power to “take a bite out of Lyme disease.”
By that she meant raising money to provide financial assistance for children whose families cannot afford the medication needed to control this complicated disease, and to fund the research that will lead to a cure.
Denver girl diagnosed with Lyme disease fighting to bring awareness, find a cure
DENVER – There are not many people in Colorado who know as much about Lyme disease as Olivia Goodreau, who is just 12-years-old.
The Denver girl had no choice but to learn after her own nightmare experience with a tiny tick. She was 7-years-old and enjoying family time at Lake of the Ozarks where her family vacations every summer. Goodreau didn’t realize a tick latched onto her, changing her life forever.
Denver Girl Determined To Fight Lyme Disease
DENVER (CBS4) – You don’t hear much about Lyme disease in Colorado. The ticks that spread the infection aren’t found in the state. But Lyme disease affects about 300,000 people in the U S every year. One of them, an 11-year-old from Denver, has made educating people about Lyme disease her cause.
Fifth Grader Bites Into Lyme Disease
GRALAND – Graland fifth grader Olivia Goodreau is on a mission this month to educate her classmates about a disease that many know nothing about. For Lyme Disease Awareness Month in May, Olivia is sharing her story about a life-changing experience.
“When I was in second grade, I started losing my vision and I couldn’t think straight,” Olivia remembers. “My teacher Ms. Cheadle suggested that my parents take me to the doctor and I spent a week in the hospital getting tested.”